And here we are: the much-anticipated data for those participating in our VizWars Competition this Thursday!
For those who are not aware, AE Business Solutions is hosting a VizWars Competition at the Potawatomi Hotel & Casino in Milwaukee, WI on September 24th, 2015. This contest is bright and early (8:00 AM) and lasts for two hours. One hour is for visualization creation on the spot and the last hour is for judging. We will be given out prizes to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place contestants. If interested there is still time to register! Click here for more information:
For those who are participating, we are finally releasing the data sets! While these data sets seem to be unrelated, we would like to see if YOU can find any relationships between the data given. Your first data set explores information about the passengers on the Titanic. The next gives information about the percentage of women holding a seat in parliament. The last data set utilizes information about CO2 Emission per country. Within the zipped file are three documents, each describing the fields of one of the data sets given. Questions are welcome and should be sent to email@example.com.
Please download the data sets in order to be prepared for tomorrow's competition:
- 1-Hour for development
- All development has to be done on the spot. No bringing files of stuff you have worked on the night before.
- You must bring your own laptop. A full or trial version of Tableau and/or Alteryx is required. (See Links Below)
- Use only Tableau and/or Alteryx as your development tools
- Must use at least 1 of the above data sets. You can bring your own data sets as long as you use one of the AE provided data sets in a prominent way.
- You must be willing to present your creation in front of the group to be eligible for prizes.
- You will be judge by presentation, visualization appearance, data-driven insight, and level of difficulty for the end product.
- Common data inconsistencies and obstacles are purposely built into the data.
Free Trials of Tableau and Alteryx can be downloaded at the following links:
Good luck tomorrow!